Sunday 7 July 2013

Dragon ball z-Akira Toriyama interview

Akira Toriyama Interview (Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods)

Posted by Dawn Bryant
Tags: Dragon Ball, Information,
An Akira Toriyama interview! The world famous creator of Dragon Ball Z recently gave an interview which was featured in popular Japanese magazine V-Jump, answering questions on Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, the latest movie in the storied franchise. Saiyan Island fan Elizabeth Bonis Murayama was kind enough to take the time to translate what Toriyama-sensei had to say using a scan from the magazine, which you can see at the bottom of this page.
Question: Why did you name the movie Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods?
Akira Toriyama:
Because my idea was that there would be two gods fighting – a god of destruction and a Saiyan god
Could you go into more detail?
Akira Toriyama:
There was no specific, concrete reason. Using gods and space aliens was natural for me. I’ve been using these type of characters since Dr. Slump.
That’s true. Why was Bills made to look like a cat?
Akira Toriyama:
Actually I created a lot of gods. I thought a god like him was more interesting than a humanoid. The cat god is from ancient Egypt, so I got the idea from those gods.
The god is really divine and relentless at the same time, isn’t it?
Akira Toriyama:
Yeah, it’s uncanny and doesn’t look strong at all, but I like it, and actually the characters I make are really strange. For example, I created characters that look very strong, but in actuality they are not so strong. Like Nappa, for example.
What are you talking about, Nappa was strong enough? By the way, Bills has a friend with him, why did you create that character?
Akira Toriyama:
Era (time) made me create it.
Era?
Akira Toriyama:
I thought I had to create cool guys under pressure (Saiyan Island: chill and relaxed, but confident), so I created Whis. He’s a cool guy, however, he’s absent-minded, but I like Whiss, and those Gods are my favorite characters now. The tendency in Dragon Ball Z is showing a group of two people or more.
Yeah I know, I remember, like Vegeta and Nappa, Kibito and Supreme Kai, that’s tendency of DBZ, isn’t it?
Akira Toriyama:
Yes, that’s right. If I create a set of two characters, its really easy to explain which position they are. One character explains the other automatically. I don’t want to put a lot of narration into manga, that’s why I create a set of two people. First set of two were Goku and Bulma.
Yeah, thats right.
Akira Toriyama:
When Goku was a small boy, he didn’t know anything. Without Bulma, he could have been a character that didn’t speak at all.
I understand, that’s why you brought that idea to this movie, and the new set of people, which is Bills and Whis took over that connection.
Akira Toriyama:
Bills woke up from a 39 year sleep and Whis explains it.
Why did you chose to make this story after the Majin Buu saga?
Akira Toriyama:
I wanted to use all of the characters, and I wondered which saga was the best, so I decided that it would be several years after Majin Buu showed up, and everyone was in their strongest condition at that time. Do you remember Uub? when I created Uub, Bulma and Krillin were really old, so I thought it would be difficult to adjust the story.
I understand, and I agree with you, because the character status changed after the Majin Buu arc, and I was really surprised at Krillen and Videl’s hair style.
Akira Toriyama:
Usually women change their hair color and hair style dramatically. Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was (laughs).
What?! I thought her hair was blue? (laughs). Which part do you want everyone to focus on?
Akira Toriyama:
My point hasn’t changed at all because Dragon Ball started from a boys Jump comic. So I tried to make the story as simple as I could. So I made this movie so everyone could enjoy it.

You wanted Pilaf and his allies to show up too, right?
Akira Toriyama:
Like I said, I wanted to use all of the characters, that’s why. Some of the characters from Pilaf’s side will fall in love with somebody, so expect it, even though I don’t create a love story.
By the way in this movie, there are many expressions of love and love expression. Did you do this on purpose?
Akira Toriyama:
I’m not good at making a touching story (laughs). I’m good at making a less non-touching story. Honestly, I don’t know why.
Including Dragon Ball manga, there are some scenes that shows the characters care about each other romantically, however, those scenes are really plain and simple, aren’t they?
Akira Toriyama:
That’s right. I’m so ashamed of creating those scenes, that’s why I make those scenes awkward. First, there are touching scenes in this movie, but I changed some scenes because there are good creators who make people cry, so I didn’t want to copy them. That’s why I made this movie simple and entertaining, after all that was my style.
I’m sorry to change the subject, but in this movie, there are a lot of background stories, like in the beginning of this movie, Bills castle is shown and King Kai’s planet was really small. Could you tell me about those things?
Akira Toriyama:
I really enjoyed creating Bills castle and I wanted the story to coincide with the Dragon Ball “world.” It’s really strange that the God of Destruction showed up suddenly, that’s why I sorted the story out. I tried to make the story coincide with the Dragon Ball world.
Does Bulma have a birthday party every year?
Akira Toriyama:
I don’t think so. In this movie Bulma just wanted to have a reason to see everyone. Bulma had a special prize for the Bingo game (laughs). Bulma knew if she had a special prize, everyone would get together.
One of the prizes was a castle.
Akira Toriyama:
The prize is huge, that’s why everyone gets together, however, I didn’t think that the castle was in the warehouse. (laughs).
Do you write things down when you come up with those ideas and background stories?
Akira Toriyama:
No, I don’t, that’s why I forget a lot. If I don’t forget those ideas, then I won’t need to come up with new ideas. Do you remember Super Saiyan 3?
Yes, I remember, Goku grows his hair long.
Akira Toriyama:
That’s right, but actually I forgot about it and I thought that was Super Saiyan 2, even though I created those characters.
OK then, how did you come up with Super Saiyan God?
Akira Toriyama:
Whis also mentions Super Saiyan God, and I had to reread all of the comics again, then I was able to come up with the idea. I made Super Saiyan God look simple because that’s the Saiyan God.
What do you think about the movie after watching it, especially having participated in making it?
Akira Toriyama:
I really, really enjoyed participating in the creation of this movie because I didn’t have to draw everything myself. What I did was create the story. (translation note: what he means is, he didn’t have to draw everything like in the manga, in which case he had to draw every panel. He did, however, create the character models in this movie). When I created the original manga, I had to finish everything alone, but if I leave Battle of the Gods up to the staff, then they could create more than I expect. There are a lot of possibilities that the movie could be better than what I originally imagined. The battle scenes were the best and I don’t care that others added something extra to Dragon Ball. The other way around, I’m really glad that Dragon Ball is getting more and more interesting with other people’s ideas even though some fans don’t like other creators interfering. (laughs).
Thanks so much Elizabeth Bonis Murayama for taking the time and effort to translate the Akira Toriyama Interview!
Related Links:
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods – New Footage Bills vs Z Warriors
Super Saiyan God Pictures (Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods)
Dragon Ball Z 2013 Movie Full Teaser (Trailer 1)
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Trailer 2
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Trailer 3
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Trailer 4
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods is the 18th movie in the Dragon Ball anime series. It will take place between Dragon Ball manga chapters 517 and 518, in the 10 year timeskip after Goku defeats Buu, but before the 28th World Martial Arts Tournament. Akira Toriyama along with Toei Animation, Fox International Productions Japan, Shueisha, Fuji TV, Bandai, and Namco Bandai Games are all involved. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods is set to release in Japanese theaters March 30, 2013. There is no word on a North American or European release date at this time for either.
  • king
    They should have ask him if Dragon Ball GT canon or non-canon hahaha. How come they never do? I mean If they asked Akira Toriyama if Dragon Ball GT is canon or not then that will end all debate.
  • *Super~Sayian*
    LOL how do you forget and confuse super saiyan 3 for 2? that’s like kishimoto forgetting about the kyuubi’s chakra. smh
    I wished the interview was a bit better. I don’t understand how japanese interviews ” CC2, Naruto and now dbz” always ask stupid questions that no ones cares about. like that question about love expressions? seriously? love expressions? when that could’ve been swapped out with, will their be more dbz to come after this movie, what was your motivation behind goku’s god design , or will this show confirm whose stronger goku or gohan? lol the most simple and logical questions are always the ones ignored.
  • http://www.facebook.com/john.ramirez.7587370 John Ramirez
    It’s because “Super Saiyan 2″ was never really called Super Saiyan 2 in his manga. The reason why the questions are stupid and simple is because they try to dumb it down for people who don’t know much about Dragon Ball Z.
  • DavidBowieSamaSenpaiSan
    ” they try to dumb it down for people who don’t know much about Dragon Ball Z.”
    This is wrong. Everyone knows about Dragon Ball Z. It was everyones childhood. If you’re going to try say no, let me say this…If DragonBall Z wasnt a part of your childhood. Your childhood goes even beyond failure.
  • *Super~Sayian*
    Yeah I know super saiyan 2 was never really called super saiyan 2, because when gohan first unlocked it, it was really his super saiyan form pushed to it’s full limits, that’s why his hair rose upward only then unlike goku who was already at his peak.
    but I could’ve sworn in buu saga ( manga ) it stated the form as a super saiyan 2? maybe I should go re-read it. you’re most likely right thou.
  • edo nagato
    is super saiyan god higher then super saiyan 4
    the world may never know
  • http://www.facebook.com/samuel.glasper Samuel Glasper
    There isn’t a debate he already said it wasn’t canon. He also said that towards the end he took the narrative over which is why the tone changed towards the end.
  • http://www.facebook.com/samuel.glasper Samuel Glasper
    I know plenty of ppl who didn’t come up watching dbz. That doesn’t make their childhood a failure.
  • ichigokun
    this is a good interview. Theres so much I never knew before like about the pairings. Thanks Elizabeth and Saiyan island!!!
  • Jon Lambert
    What he was likely saying is that he’d forgotten that he made a Super Saiyan 2, so when he made Super Saiyan 3 he thought he was making Super Saiyan 2.
  • http://twitter.com/MaddyTheNinja NinjaM
    Awesome interview. Im glad he made SSJ God look simple. I hated that fur and stupid looking hair.
  • ThatGuyWhoLikesWrestling
    Akira Toriyama is a God in his own right! A true legend. The reason I love Dragon Ball so much is because he never turned it into something it wasn’t, it was an all-out action/adventure story. Take it or leave it. No ridiculous romantic subplot and/or contrived friendships, it felt real and genuine, and fans loved it.
  • http://www.facebook.com/ping.thk Ping Thanakorn Paophongnguam
    it was almost a decade ago when he wrote the manga. Don’t expect him to remember everything, dragonball is not the only manga/anime he created u knoww
  • king
    When and where did he say that? Really, I would love to see it.
  • narutobleachop
    lol imagine how funny it would be if Toriyama was the God of Destruction! That would be one for the ages!!! Hope he can be the final villain in DBZ. Like a true sequel to the DBZ series where he comes down from space for a final, ultimate conclusion to DBZ forever.
  • http://twitter.com/SpideySwordz Tae Norman
    It’s official. He respects GT.
  • SalvadorRamirez
    Akira it sure has been awhile about you getting back in your work
  • dtrex
    so basically he doesn’t mind gt. someone should of asked are they any plans or thoughts for another movie and where is this so called dragonball online and when does it come out
  • http://www.facebook.com/william.brodie.7 William Brodie
    just lookup toriyama GT interviews and dragon ball online interviews he says it a couple times that he had little to no influence on gt besides a couple of the first episodes and a couple of the character designs
    he even wrote the entire dragon ball online story and put emphasis that gt play no art in its story
  • slicethemadara
    hmm….it feels like akira toriyama is just pooping out ideas now for money….
  • StrawHatRy
    Well Sasuke DID randomly have regular mangekyou sharingan in a recent chap so you never know lol Mangakas DO make mistakes.
  • Jaye J
    He has said that GT was not canon to his story. You just have to look it up, it was some time ago.
  • stewincubus
    when you actually have a think about it, it’s a miracle half of the story in DBZ ever makes sense. He just makes up so much stuff on the spot lmao. Don’t get me wrong I’m grateful for all that he has done. It’s actually funny how he said that he doesn’t try to make the show really touching and keeps it more action, because there are some very touching moments in DBZ.
  • Jaye J
    Nice Interview. I like how Akira stays true to what he does. He explained a few questions some might have had, such as about the SSG, which I like that it’s simple,to the point. I’m much more anxious to see Goku in action in this new form, can we say Epic? And a little Egyptian history lesson for those who didn’t know about the Anubis lol. I like that he further explained that in DBZ looks aren’t everything, ex: Ghost Nappa haha
  • BlackLeopard13
    THAT WAS AN AWESOME INTERVIEW, AKIRA TORIYAMA, YOU ARE THE LEGEND, I hope to meet you one day (^0^) /
  • Joseph Cregier
    It’s actually been over 15 years since he finished Dragon Ball.
  • shephikratus
    Now I’m in a dilemma.. How is stronger?? Super saiyan 4 or super saiyan god??
  • Richard
    I know this is going to sound very weird. It’s the truth, I just find it funny and as a coincidence. When I was little I used to play with all my DBZ figures and I had all Goku’s transformations. My brother’s and me bought other figures that were unrelated to DBZ to make as new enemies. We had made so many different stories. One day I decided for Goku to have a new final transformation that was the true Saiyan form, it was just his base form. In my head though it looked like Kaio-ken and a bunch of sparkles. I was very surprised when I seen the image of what it looked like. It get’s me really excited to see a childhood thought actually come to reality.
  • http://www.facebook.com/sfx.shallow Ryan Shallow
    It is, it’s a God form. Enough said.
  • http://www.facebook.com/sfx.shallow Ryan Shallow
    At least somebody understands… red fur after a golden ape transformation never made sense. Looked nice, but in bad shape…
  • http://www.facebook.com/sfx.shallow Ryan Shallow
    Whoever says this God form is another Kaioken be thankful I know none of you in person, just saying…
  • http://www.facebook.com/randy.salobir Randy Salobir
    No but it does make them much less interested about a DBZ Interview right? I don’t usually read interviews about things i don’t care for anyway. And if i care about these things i usually know enough to understand a few “undumbed” questions.
  • http://twitter.com/johnytits Johny Tits
    Terrible interview, none of the questions and answers were actually interesting.
  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001285930400 Nigel Davis
    “I’m really glad that Dragon Ball is getting more and more interesting with other people’s ideas even though some fans don’t like other creators interfering.”
    I wonder how he feels about Dragon Ball Absalon.
  • Yonathen Habte
    I really hope that Akira Toriyama makes another movie about the first Super Saiyan God that appeared on the Saiyan home world 1000+ years ago. That would be interesting…
  • http://www.facebook.com/chris.mic.161 Chris Mic
    with the pilaf gang turning into kids you know GT is non canon. The other might ahve been plot holes but this confirms it
  • http://www.facebook.com/chris.mic.161 Chris Mic
    i have seen pan’s and giru’s design by toryiama. So… he was only involved in this?
  • http://www.facebook.com/chris.mic.161 Chris Mic
    but the relationships he did where ummmm you know. I mean vegeat and bulma that was really unexpected
  • http://www.facebook.com/chris.mic.161 Chris Mic
    all of us! Duh!
  • BlackLeopard13
    lol.
  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1268479427 Joshua Coy
    The SSG transformation may be simple and down to the point, but it sure makes a hell of a lot more sense than the Super Saiyan 4 Transformation. How do you go from “Giant Golden Great Ape” to a smaller, red furry bodied, long bushy haired individual who wears red guyliner and magically grows pants that were ripped off during the monkey transformation? Makes no sense whatsoever. I’m curious to see what kind of power this Super Saiyan God transformation has to offer.
  • DavidBowieSamaSenpaiSan
    Read my comment again and again until you get the point.
  • RoeDatBoss
    so dissapointed in this movie.
  • http://twitter.com/HeatForce Jay Brown
    Poor Nappa :(
    And LOL @ Toriyama confusing SS3 with SS2.
  • Brayan Carvalho
    SSG of course. IT’S A GOD
  • http://twitter.com/NicoHarvey1 Nico JoJo
    OH MY GOD. It’s because Akira Toriyama it’s a comedian mangaka!
    Also there’s a lot of manga so much better and different from the mainstreams: JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure for example. And you know why? Because Tsunade is a copy of Lisa Lisa :)
  • http://www.facebook.com/william.brodie.7 William Brodie
    no he designed the logo the main cast and i’m thinking SSJ4 but he didnt come up with the concept. as he’s stated he fell out of love with it and didnt want to be bothered you cant much blame him in alot of the movies he never really got creative choice more or less it was what toei told him to create with a little creative freedom
  • http://www.facebook.com/william.brodie.7 William Brodie
    both of gokus death, vegetas final explosion, gokus first super saiyan, krillins first death, when goku met goten, and the list goes on
  • http://www.facebook.com/william.brodie.7 William Brodie
    that and multiverse popped in my head and i had an anurism when i thought of gt
  • Guest
    dbz is not fair i mean the
  • Guest
    I don’t think kishimoto forgot sasuke sharingan. Madara was able to flip from ems to rinnegan. So sasuke can probably do the same with ms and ems
  • nicholas deo
    Kishimoto showed sasuke with ms, do what. It’s like madara switching from ems to rinnegan.
  • http://www.facebook.com/vincent.duong.505 Vincent Duong
    They should have Toriyama as a special guest in a dragonball movie.
  • http://twitter.com/sagesasukesama sasuke
    dont watch then.
  • Shaquille Jackson
    Didn’t launch ever fancy Tienshinhan?
  • TheEvangelionSaiyan
    I think most of these people ask idiotic questions, and not really fan questions. Seriously, when will Toriyama give us calculations telling us exactly how strong his characters are? All of the fans want to know.
  • shephikratus
    I see your point but the new transformation is similar to kaioken, I aspected to be a bit more amazing, and considering that chronologically SSG(after majin buu saga and before Gt) appears first han SSj4 and wikia only metions SSG to be superior to SSj3 it created some doubts
  • KingOfPirates
    Can’t wait for TeamFourStar to make a abridged version of DBZ Battle of Gods.
  • http://www.facebook.com/alexandermedinaozuna Alexander Medina
    they should continue the series after the new movie, it is going to be epic ;)
  • RoeDatBoss
    i wont
  • abdulhamian
    its basically a new body and a fusion of the ape and humanoid form. thats what i think anyways.
  • PushXShove
    But ss4 nullified the work of greater beings, Shenron included. Ss4 was the pinnacle in GT. I really doubt ss4 would be bested by ssg.
    .
  • PushXShove
    So called Dragonball Online? Dragonball online has been available in Taiwan and Korea for quite a long while. If you really wanted, you could start playing DB online tonight.
  • http://www.facebook.com/michael.castline Michael Castline
    i agree with you the guy asked some really stupid questions. and as for who’s stronger between goku and gohan? it’s obvious it’s goku b/c gohan stopped training after the cell saga to study then after buu he becomes a father and a teacher. if you recall gohan never liked fighting.
  • PushXShove
    Lisa Lisa and cult jam?
  • dtrex
    Yeah I’ve seen it in Korean but unable to download it tried and should of put release for all y doesn’t Japan,USA or Europe have it yet
  • http://www.facebook.com/dirceu.santos.7798 Dirceu Santos
    So sweet may and trunks!
    if you din’t figure out just see the trailer and use ur brains or imagination like i did!
    but now i can confirm my thought
  • http://www.facebook.com/dirceu.santos.7798 Dirceu Santos
    they already have a cure for aids apparently!!
    check on google!
    what the hell he did to Goten when he got him hooked on chicks?
    ok is good for any young man be interested in females but degrade him like that it’s just sad. where all that amazing potential that could even surpass goku and gohan went?
    but having your questions and mine answered like u said maybe we can just forget !
    DAMMMIT GOING GOD MODE!!!
  • Vash bane
    yeah like that lady did in the card game
  • Vash bane
    looks like your idea was stolen….sure you don’t have a chip in your head?
  • Vash bane
    I that videl in the red?
  • 1enton_style1
    Kishi has forgotten sasuke’s Sharingan forms.., considering how the last two times we’ve seen him in the manga he has MS and not EMS, soooooooooo………
  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1268479427 Joshua Coy
    I bet they’ll end up making their abridged version before Funi makes their English dub lol.
  • *Super~Sayian*
    till their is proof he forgot it, lets keep that under the rug
  • KingOfPirates
    Ha!
  • thecrows2332
    Yes i think it is.
  • http://www.facebook.com/rai.thenoblesse.5 Rai TheNoblesse
    this movie has to hit big in Japan.. so big, .that they’ll start a DB new series… (or is this a prolog for the new online game??…, hope not, ..a new DB series with great animation techniques and Akira fully involved would be cool…, otherwise why do they mention “12 gods”??…)
  • Anthony_weaver86
    So is Bra in this? And how did he get confuse with ssj2 and 3
  • A.A J
    GT was not made by him
  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Kyai-Baginda/100000574276714 Kyai Baginda
    making birusu as frieza’s teacher is irrelevant………… comparing ssj3 to frieza’s power level is like comparing a dinosaur to a fly power level…….. he didn’t even had a chance against trunks ssj form and that time, trunks wasn’t even very strong he couldn’t even beat no. 18……
    so, if birusu really is frieza’s teacher, at least frieza should have half of birusu’s power level…. and birusu shouldn’ even had a chance against ssj2……
    just sayin’…….
  • billy
    We want this movie in america,do yo have eny news on that?
  • sasori93__93
    Why wouldnt he? GT is awesome.
  • http://twitter.com/A5J4DX A5J4DX
    haha this man is a legend(-ary super saiyan)!
  • http://www.facebook.com/Dillykins Dylan Edwards
    It’s possible he can change between EMS and normal Mangekyo in order to conserve chakra.
  • http://www.facebook.com/Dillykins Dylan Edwards
    Actually at the end of Z, Gohan is stronger than Goku.
  • http://www.facebook.com/Dillykins Dylan Edwards
    Super Saiyan 4 isn’t Canon, so yes, it is by default, but even if it was Canon, I would assume yes.
  • http://www.facebook.com/Dillykins Dylan Edwards
    So true LOL. Every saga of Z was intended to be the last, so theoretically, the entire Cell and Buu sagas were pulled from nowhere.
  • http://www.facebook.com/Dillykins Dylan Edwards
    GT is not Canon, though Toriyama DID approve the SSJ4 design, he also said it was not an actual transformation.
  • bob
    Basically what I get from this is that SSJ god is SSJ3. He probably sat down and was like ~ oh I’ll have him go SSJ3 ! and then was like oh I already did that oops. Man how can you not be a fan of your own work. >:(
  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Ray-Smith/651532002 Ray Smith
    good
  • KingTuba
    Why is Toriyama not doing a Dragonball serial again :/ ?
  • http://www.facebook.com/jarius.janvier Jarius Janvier
    dam, they should asked him if he was going to put it in english
  • Arman
    Does anyone have an idea why the heck did Akira choose Frieza as the galactic overlord and not Cooler 5th form or Buu?
  • Beejaywar
    He did this because dragon ball z was meant to end after the cell saga but because of how successful it had become funimation made him do another saga and to continue a series with gohan so over powered like that would be stupid
  • http://www.facebook.com/selypa Heather Swing
    gotta love this while the fan boys(and girls) are all arguing about whos stronger of the forms hes like eh that looks like ssj2 XD, heres the question tho i heard alot of hear say on the fact gt is no longer cannon as well as hearsay of how akira thinks on gt as a alternate.
    Yes, I remember, Goku grows his hair long.
    Akira Toriyama: That’s right, but actually I forgot about it and I thought that was Super Saiyan 2, even though I created those characters.
  • http://www.facebook.com/AmericanDeathMachine Craig A Jones
    My only question is I’ve heard people say that since B.O.G. was such a good movie and is raking in the money that another Dbz series is coming out. Is there going to be more Dbz or not?
  • http://www.facebook.com/AmericanDeathMachine Craig A Jones
    My only question is since everyone is saying B.O.G is a great movie and raking on the money, people say there is going to be another Dbz series. Is there going to be more Dbz or not?
  • http://www.facebook.com/rai.thenoblesse.5 Rai TheNoblesse
    yes, the interviewer is a retard..
    he just needed to make sure he asked one thing that the fans really wante to know:
    “what are the chances, that there will be a new DBZ series after the movie?”..
    and not ask such BS like “Does Bulma have a birthday party every year?”.. LOL..
    (but then again…, maybe the interviewer was not allowed to ask about a new series, since it maybe depends on the success of the movie or it’s like “top secret” for the moment..)
  • http://www.facebook.com/joeseph.williams Joeseph Higashi Williams
    The EMS replaces the MS as it’s superior/complete form. There are only basic 2 tomed sharingan, the superior three tomed sharingan (which replaces the 2); and Mangekyo which is replaced by the complete EMS. Switching back and forth would only be a 3 tome to a EMS. That’s what every issue points to thus far. EMS being the completion of MS has been explained a couple times way back when.
  • http://www.facebook.com/joeseph.williams Joeseph Higashi Williams
    Last chapter he activated sharingan at all in was 619. And that was EMS… just sayin…
    (edit) nvm… yeah… mangaka mistake.
  • I AM ANGRYYYY.
    Gohan, in the hyperbolic time chamber, looked like a Super Saiyan 3, when he was only a super saiyan 1? I’ve always found that confusing, and Gohan had a nightmare about Cell in his perfect form when he was only in his second form! Nappa had no hair, so I don’t know how he would become a super saiyan or a super saiyan 3 for that matter, same for Raditz. I only wish they’d think about the show for once. There are so many mistakes in the script too. These are just from the top of my head, if I’d dug deeper, there would be millions.
    I love how badass super saiyan looks, though.
  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Tavone-Gu-Fansakiri/100002211773351 Tavone Gu Fansakiri
    hola amigo Akira Toriyama mira yo Tavone Gu Fansakiri quiero ser un Dibujante más de la serie de Dragón Ball oye Akira y dice que planeas hacer una continuación de la serie de Dragón Ball z verdad mira yo Tavone Gu Fansakiri me Gustaria hacer esta continuacion de la serie de Dragón Ball z junto con Ustedes dos contigo Akira Toriyama y con el director de la pelicula de Dragón Ball z la Batalla de los Dioses Masahiro Hosoda desde Nuestros respertivos paises ustedes en Japon y o en México pues bién dime Akira para saber que les puedo yo aportar Akira acá en México alla su pais Japon Sobre la creación de esta Continuación de la serie de Dragón Ball z que tu planeas hacer Akira Toriyama
    porqué mira lo que quiero hacer es que sea la primera vez de que mi pais México hacer de manera conjunta con Japón que esta continuación de la serie de Dragón Ball Z que tu Akira Toriyama planeas hacer en tu pais Japon.
  • http://www.facebook.com/jy1994 John Reeves
    Well the thing is the movie is cannon because Toriyama wrote the story of the movie meaning he wrote the scriped. And the gods were made by him. But I want to ask Toriyama this is Goku stronger than Superman? Now don’t answer because I want to hear it from Toriyama.
  • http://www.facebook.com/jy1994 John Reeves
    Goku SSJG looks powerful enough to beat the hell out of Pre Crisis Superman. SSJG can absorb energy, stop time, and Sense godly energy. And Goku SSJ1 can access his god powers which makes him at SSJG level but with no time limit. So don’t use that time limit crap.
  • Vecks
    Buu was obviously way too stupid to be the galactic overlord….
  • TheFunketero .
    hahaha RaiTheTrollest..the debunked gokufanboy..lol you got you ass kicked badly in youtube…lol..keep trolling
  • http://www.facebook.com/micheal.anderson.754 Micheal Anderson
    i just want to tell u Akira Toriyama thank you very much for makeing dbbattleofthegod
    i really cant wait to see it ive been a dbz fan for many years i even play dragon ball online and all my friends cant wait to see it it looks very amazing ssjgod goku its to awesome and nice job a ancient cat thanks Akira Akira Toriyama :D
  • Nathan
    i extremely love dragon ball z, it has been my favourite show ever since i was little, i woke up ever morning to it on TV, im much older now and i have gone out and bought all the dragon ball z series and even the Dragon Ball Kai series :) thank you so much it has helped me through life so much and i will be deffenetly be showing my kids this anime, well ill be watching it with them :)
  • Raghuram KV
    The movie is excellent I think, but I didn’t see it yet.When is it going upload in internet i mean DBZ Battle Of Gods Japanese English Sub titles.I figured out two mistake in the movie that is
    1]King Kai’s Planet is back,I tought cell blew it up and in DBGT King Kai still lives in Grand Kai’s Planet.
    2]Agent Mai is small.Why is it so?
    But any way the story is nice thank you Akira Toriyama.
  • Raghuram KV
    Akira Toriyama is Bra elder Pan or Pan elder than Bra
  • TRISHA
    WOW ANG GALING PABORITO KO YAN DRAGONBALL
    ANG GANDA NG STORY
  • Ricardo Lopez
    So where is bulla in the movie and why did Marron never talk to anybody and why Is she still small
  • Blackdoom
    If you go by the last Episodes of DBZ(And DBGT but DBZ mainly)Bra looks & seems to be alil older than pan.
  • Blackdoom
    It seems like Frieza’s immediate family were all affiliated with/were overloads of different parts of space with King Cold being the head of it all(Or one would assume as much logically)and it’d make sense as Cooler says “Frieza’s the one in charge of this quadrant. Let him clean up his own mess. I’ve got seven planets to destroy by the end of the day. Why should I allow myself to get behind schedule just to cover his mistake?”.As far as the Cooler 5th form thing?According to Cooler,Goku was the first to see that form if I remember right so who really knows when he discovered that form,The original Majin Buu(or Kid Buu) destroyed planets for enjoyment and was insane so I doubt he’d care to rule over anything.
  • Blackdoom
    If fancy you mean take a liking to then yes
  • Yuki Izumi
    Agent Mai got transformed to a kid along with Pilaf and the dog like creature (Forgot the name).
  • jossue
    I wonder if the dragon ball series will ever be continued…. I sure would like so
  • Lord Haitaku
    Shu (or Chuu, i dunno how to spell it)
  • Cain Shin
    same thoughts exactly.. ill give you a thumbs up for noticing these loopholes… ive been noting down animation errors as well.. the most recent i could cite out are; During the majin buu saga, majin vegeta and goku clashed. in one scene, they traded blows to the face at once simultaneously. It was downright ridiculous to see vegeta’s arms stretched like to that extent ; another one is, when Mighty Mask’s cover in participating the tournament was blown. Before scramming from the scene, they threw the remains of the disguise clothing away. In a latter scene, it was shown that they were just taking the disguise off.. I love DBZ more than any show on earth, so I could just laugh the matter off.. but sadly, I could tell that Toriyama was just done by this point..
  • Cain Shin
    noooo.. dont give them any idea..
  • Cain Shin
    anyway, its GT.. and GT sucks so hard I just pretend that it never was made.. Toriyama was not so involved in it making GT, so no point in watching it.. I was so underwhelmed especially that scene in hell where Goku deflected Cell’s kamehame with a stalagmite, and toyed with Frieza’s destructo disk like a skateboard.. damn, how much insult could they do to the the concept of Ki manipulation?
  • Sam
    I love how he is so relaxed about his own story.
  • Alex
    Everyone is talking about DBGT as though it is canon, but Akira Toriyama didn’t have anything to do with the story of DBGT; he doesn’t even acknowledge it as part of the series. Therefore, any information taken from DBGT should be looked at as little more than information from an AF series. Nothing against DBGT of course; it’s actually some of my favorite Dragon Ball material.
  • Alex
    Bulla is from GT; GT is not canon.
  • Zuri A.
    Bulla is in Z as well.
  • Son Goku
    DBZ was meant to end after Freeza saga.

No comments:

Post a Comment